Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The latest happenings of Andrew...

Wow, it is the middle of May already? Where has this year gone?! I cannot believe how fast time is flying lately. Where to begin... In April Kara, Paul's wife, told me that she signed Ada up for a sports class at the rec center. It is called Itty-Bitty Allsport for 3 and 4 year olds. It sounded like a lot of fun so I signed Andrew up for it also. The first time they got these cute yellow shirts they wear each week. Each class begins with warm ups and stretching. It is really cute. They have done soccer, football and basketball so far. We have volleyball next time, which I don't see how these kids are going to do it, then baseball and I am not sure what else. During soccer the coach had Andrew's attention for the first little bit, but then he wanted to do his own thing. What can you expect, right? Football was a disaster, probably because he woke up at 5 that morning and had NO respect for authority whatsoever! He did better at basketball. They had shorter hoops up for them to shoot into. He and Ada like to go off together and do their own thing, but so do a lot of the other kids! There is one boy who likes to pick on Andrew. From DAY ONE this boy (standing next to Andrew in the circle) has been stealing his ball, making sour faces at him or going up and bonking him. What is up with that?! His parents are there to and just let him do that to the other kids! (Ada, Andrew's cousin born on the SAME day as him, is next to the little boy in the yellow hat in the top picture)

This isn't new...maybe just heightened. Andrew loves, loves, LOVES his baby sister. I think the only way he knows how to channel his emotion for her is to BUG HER TO DEATH! Whether it is imitating her crying when she is screaming, copying her sneezes for hours after she may have sneezed, or just trying to startle her, this is his way to play with her. I have been trying to get him to play peek-a-boo with her, but it doesn't get as much a reaction as the other things do. We are trying to encourage him to play with her (thank you John) not trying to make her cry or get scared! So, this is our challenge to deal with! Let me just tell you, we are really really really tired of his fake sneezes ALL DAY LONG.

Last, but definitely not least, more like what is taking most of our time is POTTY TRAINING! Who knew it would be so fun..... We have the easy part, going pee down, now just trying to master the other. Poor boy has become anal retentive and won't let it out! We are trying EVERYTHING! Trust me, EVERYTHING! The doctor said to schedule a set time during the day to have a longer period of time just to sit on the potty. So, to let the time pass, I let him watch a movie while he is sitting there! Luckily he doesn't ask for it every time or else I would be in trouble!

4 things you had to say!:

skcoe said...

My boys were both in the 3 1/2 range when they finally got potty trained...and my words of advice are: Just do it when they are really ready so you only have to do it once.

I LOVE the idea of a tv in the bathroom, so funny! You're really thinking outside the box!

skcoe said...

PS I need the recipe for those DELICIOUS oreo and white chocolate things you made on Sunday. DIVINE!

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

Hey I love your new banner. Looks like you are getting the hang of Photoshop. Those metal Alphas are awesome, where did you get them?

Hang in there with the potty-training, Becky! You guys are doing a great job and one day it will just click for Andrew.

Andria Sommers said...

Reid was the same way, until i got little match box cars. We Picked them out together and then i tacked them on thee wall in front of the toliet. I told him when he went poopoos in the potty he could pick one. He tried all day and finally got his car and now he has no problem going because he wants another car to add to his ever growing collection. you can do it!