Last night I was doing dishes after dinner and the door bell rang. Who could that be? I look out the peep hole and it is the 12 year old boy that lives next door. Last time he came over he was asking if we had anything he could help us with, as a service project, so he helped Derick put up Christmas lights. I immediately started brainstorming what he could do as I opened the door.
"Hey," he said.
"Hi," I responded.
"Can Derick hang out?" he asked.
Did I just hear that correctly? Was he asking if Derick could come out and play?! I kept back my urge to laugh and told him that Derick was changing a diaper and I would send him out when he was finished. Did I feel like a mom or what! So Derick went out there and the boy asked if he wanted to skate with him (skateboard). They got their skateboards out and played for a while until it was time for the boy to go home! I just thought that was funny.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Here is a good laugh for you all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 things you had to say!:
that is funny! it was also sweet of derrick to go hang out with him!
Love it Becky! I read it to John and we both had a good laugh. :-)
Oh, Thats great, that is a good laugh. Who is miles though? I cant figure out he is though? Who are his parents?
ha ha ha! So Becky Curtis was wondering is Derrick could come play!/!?!
I love it! That really is the funniest story! Derick is the cool parent on the block now!
Post a Comment