Sunday, October 18, 2009

One of the best fall desserts...Pumpkin Sheet Cake!

Moist, yummy cake with fluffy cream cheese frosting! This cake is soooo good and serves a lot.

1 2/3 cup sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups pumpkin
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

Mix altogether and pour into a greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (*stir in chocolate chips before you pour into the pan if you want*)

Frosting-
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup butter, softened
4 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Mix until creamy. Spread on top of cooled cake. Cut into 40 pieces.

6 things you had to say!:

Squirt said...

Stop! You're making me drool!

Anonymous said...

oh. my. goodness! i'm totally trying this. anything with pumpkin in it is delish! thanks!!!

HeatherA said...

This was the yummiest cake that I have EVER eaten. I'm completely serious! Thanks for sending some over with the Jolleys :) I'm going to make this cake ASAP so I can eat about half of it myself :)

Sarah Lee said...

I am totally going to make this. I can't wait to have my house smell like pumpkin and cinnamon. Seriously, does it get any better?

Derick and Becky said...

I love the pumpkin smell in my house!

Anonymous said...

so copied this, thanks for the recipe!