Saturday, July 4, 2009

SEWARD!

We headed out to Seward for the 4th of July. I guess you wouldn't appreciate, enjoy or really care about Seward on this holiday unless you are from Alaska!! Derick actually proposed to me there 8 years ago. He didn't know what the big deal was with going there, he soon found out!) The kids looked all fresh and clean in their patriotic clothes at the beginning of the day. Ya, they didn't stay like that.
Andrew rode on a lot of shoulders. I would never have gone on this day trip alone without Derick unless I had help! Thank you to my family for helping me keep track of the kids during the day in all the people! Andrew thought it was funny to make my hair look crazy. I didn't notice until a while later I had been walking around with hair every which way.

They do a Mini Mt Marathon race for the little kids during the real race. They make it all official and do different heats for different aged kids, give them a prize and a ribbon for crossing the finish line. You would think that would be exciting enough for the kids! Take a look at the first picture. Where is Andrew? Where is he? Come on Andrew, faster, faster! Then, I spot him. He is balling! Crying for his dad. I think he was so scared to be in front of all those people or something! Look at Brooke and Andrew practicing their starts. It was pretty cute.

Next up, time to entertain Ashley. It was a LONG day for her. She was happy though when she got to be out of her stroller!

After lunch, something I have been looking forward to since the last time I was in Seward-the best halibut and corn fritters anywhere-I bought Andrew one of my favorite ice creams too. He loves chocolate, and little did I know it stains. He was COVERED! Someone stopped me on the street and asked if I wanted some baby wipes to clean him up! My dad and I both had ice cream drips and sprinkles in our hair after carrying him on our shoulders.
After ice cream was the parade! It was way shorter it seemed this year, but the kids got so much candy! Andrews pocket was FULL.
Andrew was one tired boy after all the walking around and candy!

As we were headed out of town to go to the beach, we met up with my brother John & his wife Trachelle. Andrew got another dose of sugar sharing ice cream with Asher and looking for abandoned parade candy with him. A lick for you, a lick for me...

4 things you had to say!:

Vovó B said...

that pic of him running while crying is so sad :(

steff said...

I love the picture of Andrew on your back, he is so sweet.

Mac and Starr said...

We just missed you! Mac and I were in Seward for the 4th as well! Bummer.

Anonymous said...

wow, how fun, who knew all the beauty of alaska and fun things to do :)