Sunday, May 24, 2009

Temple Square in the spring!

It was such a fun experience to go plant flowers and prepare the grounds at Temple Square this weekend. I was amazed at how many other wards and stakes had signed up to volunteer. We got there at 8am, got our gloves and shovels, were assigned an area to plant and got to work! I loved it when I heard a bunch of the boys say, "Wow, I didn't know it was this easy to plant flowers." After we got our flower beds done, they needed people to help haul mulch buckets. We stood in a long line and passed them down as they were dumped out and brought back. It is amazing how quickly you can get such a huge job done with that much organized help! Afterwards we clean up the dirt that had spilled, swept, put tools away and were ready for lunch! I am so grateful we had such a willing group of youth to wake up early on a Saturday morning and serve!

7 things you had to say!:

Keersten said...

We loved doing that a few years ago. You see a different side of the YW/YM. I love the comment on how easy it is. It certainly isn't the same in my flowerbeds! (Hehe, there are few similarities between the two for sure!) Sorry I missed you guys on Thurs! I was so mad about it that morning. We'll have to do something soon.

easleyfamily said...

That's such a great service opportunity and what a fine looking group of youth :)

MSorenson said...

What a cool activity! Am I going to see you again?

Super Cooper said...

Thank you ,Thank you for taking pictures! I might have to steal them.Also, Thanks for listening to my sob story on sunday:)

steff said...

I love these pictures, especially the one of Brad and Porter ha,ha!! I love that our youth were able to get the chance to help out on the temple grounds. I am so thankful to all of the youth leaders in our ward who donated their time to our Children. Thanks Becky you are a great lady!!

The Shafers said...

That is so neat they got to do something so meaningful!!

Valerie said...

What a cool experience! I miss Temple Square.