Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Ashley

Going to the hospital...Saturday morning when I woke up was when I noticed I was in labor. The contractions weren't really consistent enough to time until about 11 am. Derick had gone to a meeting that morning and luckily was home about that time. So, what do you do to pass the time. All I could think was that I wanted to eat some HUGE meal before things got closer together because I knew I wouldn't be able to in the hospital! So we went to IHOP. Derick was writing contractions down, paying attention to the second hand on his watch and I was trying to enjoy my french toast while breathing through the pain. Thank goodness Andrew likes pancakes and was entertaining himself. Next stop, Costco. I think back and wonder why we went there, all we ended up getting was mango's. Costco does sell some yummy dried mango's though! When we got back home, it was time to rest. I took a long shower, shaved my legs, realized that I needed new paint on my toenails, you know, the usual. Andrew went down for a great nap, which we were thankful for so that Derick could help me. Soon it was nighttime and we knew I would be going to the hospital sometime soon. Derick called his brother Cory to come and get Andrew. They took him home and kept him for a couple days. Boy am I grateful that all went smoothly! I called my midwife and she suggested I go to the hospital, probably since I couldn't hardly talk to her on the phone, I had to pass it off to Derick to finish the conversation. This is me walking out the door.



















Here she is! She was born at 2 am the next morning. Derick did such a great job getting me through labor. I was ready to give up, get the epidural and relax, but no, he wouldn't let me, and when I made him ask if I could just have something, anything for the horrible, unexplainable pain, they said it was too late! The jetted tub in my room helped a lot with contractions, but Derick was the best help ever. He helped me concentrate and breathe and do all the stuff we had talked about. She finally came and not even one second after she was out, all I could think was that I was glad to not be pregnant anymore and that I wouldn't have heartburn anymore!!!




















How many can we fit in the bed?? Besides Amy coming to the hospital when she was first born, yes the middle of the night and I was glad because I wanted lots of pictures and someone to be with me when Derick was gone in the nursery, Andy, Gramea, Uncle Ted and Aunt Shirley were our first visitors. Gramea and Andy had just flown all night, but I was glad they came straight to us (after eating some breakfast of course)















Andrew's visit to the hospital. He came in, sat right down on my lap and stared at her! Soon the wanting to touch and poke started but it was so cute to see him so interested in her!















5 things you had to say!:

Amy said...

You look too good to just have had a baby, I am not quite sure it is fair!!

Lizanne said...

Hooray you have a blog!! You look so good in all those pictures! I cant believe how tiny you were! Ashley is beautiful!! I hope you are all doing great!

Lisa in AK said...

I am sooo glad you have a blog now!! Ashley looks so beautiful and you look absolutly great! Congratulations to the Pullham Fam.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is beautiful. I saw the darling pics on Amy's blog.

OK, the picture with you going to the hospital...you don’t even look like you’re hardly six months prego. Like Amy said it's not quite fair. You look great! I can’t wait o see her in person! I bet Andrew is going to be a good protective brother!

Carly said...

I can't believe that picture is of you in labor! You're tiny! You're brave to go without the drugs too, that pain is one I'm not looking forward to. Oh and I totally agree with you, Costco mangoes are the best!!